- You’ll understand what factors will impact future home prices for all 140 million homes in United States
- You’ll hold strong opinions, but weakly, so we can test every likely hypothesis that could teach us about predicting home prices
- You’ll work in the quant research team alongside data scientists while developing models with them
- You’ll become a part of a private equity fund and learn about all the aspects of investing hundereds of millions of dollars
- You’ll also directly solve the homeownership crisis in America so families can build wealth and achieve their American dream
- We’re a private equity fund focused on residential real estate across US
- We provide down payment assistance so people can buy their home
- In exchange, we share the appreciation on the home when they sell it
- Work with data scientists to develop models that will predict future home prices in United States
- Curate and prepare data from propreitary data sources
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Publish papers and insights for home buyers and institutional investors
You should have experience with:
- Data mining/data analysis methods
- Building and implementing models
- Creating/running simulations and testing efficacy
- Monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Statistical techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks etc.
- Statistical languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Visualization: Looker, Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Experience: 2+ years in data science
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science/Mathematics or related field
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements.
- Bonus from the performance of the private equity fund even after you leave your job
|Education||Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science/Mathematics or related field|